Big and Little

When we were expecting Tatum, I ordered big and bigger sister shirts online for Ava and Gentry (ages 5 and 3 at the time) to wear to the hospital. The day Tatum was born, my mom helped the big girls put on their special shirts and come up to the hospital to meet their new baby sister. They were PROUD big sisters, and their shirts afforded them some honor and respect with the nurses and hospital staff, and the girls ate it up. The next morning, I got a call from my mom at home saying, "We've reached a wardrobe standoff. Ava and Gentry insist on wearing their big sister shirts again today to the hospital. They aren't clean, but they won't consider wearing anything else. What should I do?" I laughed and told her to let them wear their shirts again. Being a big sibling is a very special honor that may only happen once. Help them celebrate it in style.

No comments:

Post a Comment