Preppy Birthday Shirt

My baby girl turned 8 last week. I don't know quite how that's possible, but it must be, because she reminded me every day for weeks before the big day. She's still agreeable to wearing a birthday shirt announcing her age, so we came up with a new layered applique design this year using my Silhouette. I've been wanting to try cutting fabric with it but hadn't had the time to test it out. After just a few fails, I finally got it to cut just right. We went with a preppy navy, orange and hot pink color combo to match her hand-me-down tutu (thank you, big sisters). This girl loves her a twirly tutu, which was ideal for her gymnastics party that afternoon. Her pink rain boots were a birthday present, and she was thrilled that it poured all day on her birthday so she could jump and splash in puddles to her heart's content. Happy 8th birthday, sweet girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment