Applique Baby Gown

I tried my first applique name baby gown. Let me just say, I feel like I should have had Tye take my picture with the finished product and hung it up over the mantel after I labored and toiled over it. I had to rehoop it twice, taking great care to keep it perfectly straight each time, and the chevron pattern didn't do me any favors either. I love how it turned out, but this one was a doozy. It's for a sweet cousin of mine who is expecting her first baby, so I don't mind at all, but I might go with a shorter name and a non-geometric pattern next time.
Hobby Lobby carries a cute line of oil cloth(ish) baby items, and this turquoise chevron bib was fun to stitch on.
I am officially overwhelmed with orders again so please bear with me as my turnaround time increases to about 3 weeks. I'll do my best to try and be faster, but my family also needs clean clothes and food occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment