Some Vinyl Projects

My Silhouette Cameo tends to stay in the craft closet for long periods of time in between projects. When I get the urge to use it, I gather lots of items to "vinyl-ize". This time we did a cake carrier for a neighbor family (complete with red velvet bundt cake), a set of personalized water bottles for all the kids in Tatum's class, and a special drink bottle for a little friend.
 
Usually I opt for a name or 3-letter monogram when personalizing with vinyl, but I like the universality of this cheerful saying. The colorful ribbons add a festive touch. I think this would make a great house-warming gift too.
Gentry baked the red velvet cake to include in the carrier. It was for one of her best friends who live in our neighborhood and we had fun delivering it together.
Tatum is in the best little class of 1st graders this year. It's been a difficult year for her because of the knee drama and she missed many school days due to her hospital stay and recovery. Her classmates (and teacher) were so wonderful to her and the get-well letters they wrote to her in their big, typo-riddled handwriting are the sweetest sentiments I've ever read. There may have even been a marriage proposal in one of them. We don't normally give end-of-year gifts to the entire class, but I feel this year they each deserve a special thank you from Tatum. These water bottles are nothing fancy, but adding their names in a whimsical font gives them a little something extra. We may splurge a bit and fill them with treats or prizes too.
I usually recommend handwashing items with vinyl, but Tatum's has been through the dishwasher a few times already and her name hasn't budged.
I had a staging assistant for this photo shoot. Did you note the rainbow spectrum order on top? It was no accident.
I just loved this little pink water bottle and felt it needed to come home from the store with me and join my vinyl project stash. It will be a fun summer gift for one of Tatum's best friends, along with a monogrammed beach towel or tote bag.
My kitchen island is covered with more items waiting to be personalized before the Cameo goes back into hibernation, so you can look forward to seeing more fun items soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment