Hula Girl


The hula birthday party was a success. Gentry requested a "hula girl" shirt, picked out the fabric and font, and supervised over my shoulder as I made it the morning of her party. It met with her approval, so she wore it proudly for her party with an orange tutu and hot pink capri leggings. After the guests arrived and received their leis, they gathered in the backyard for a limbo contest, hula hoop contest and water balloon toss/fight. Tye placed 2 (lit) tiki torches at the end of our patio for the girls to walk through as they entered the backyard and I was a nervous wreck every time someone passed between them, sure that a ponytail would catch on fire. Fortunately, there were no tiki torch incidents, and we ended the party at our neighborhood pool. Happy Birthday to my newest 8-year-old! Now I get a birthday party planning hiatus until October when it will be all about Hello Kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment